We have some Oracle 9i Databases on HP-UX which were installed without JVM.
Some of our new applicatons demanded Java Packages. So, we had to unstall JVM manually on those servers.
We did this following below steps (for all OS,tested on solaris, windows, HP-UX):
1. Additional 60 MB of system tablespace
2. 50 MB of SHARED_POOL_SIZE
3. 20 MB of JAVA_POOL_SIZE
4. run $ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/rmjvm.sql [If JVM previously installed of partly installed]
5. run $ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/initjvm.sql
If the oracle DB version in 10g then after step 5 below error will be occured
ORA-29558: JAccelerator (NCOMP) not installed
To resolve this JAccelerator needed to be installed from oracle database 10g companion CD.
Metalink 276554.1 "How to Reload the JVM in 10.1.0.X and 10.2.0.X"
Follow below steps if some one needs xml options:
6. run $ORACLE_HOME/xdk/admin/initxml.sql
7. run $ORACLE_HOME/xdk/admin/xmlja.sql
8. run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catjava.sql
9. run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catexf.sqla