Sharing my action plan to Install Oracle Cloud Control 12C in an Active/Passive Environment for High Availability.So that one node will have the Database running and another will have OEM applications running, they will be able to fail over to each other's node.
Database: Oracle 11gR2 [184.108.40.206]
OS : RHEL 5.7
Machine : Two machine with atleast two shared mountpoint on a Redhat Cluster.
Overview and Requirements
The following conditions must be met for Cloud Control to fail over to a different host:
1. The installation must be done using a Virtual Host Name and an associated unique IP address.
>>> DNS and CLuster IP from OEM App, make sure that DNS associated with CLuster IP of OEM APP can be resolved both way
2. Install on a shared disk/volume which holds the binaries and the gc_inst directory.
>>> Install OEM APP on shared disk [keeping all the ORACLE_HOMEs on shared storage associated in cluster]
3. The Inventory location must failover to the surviving node.
>>> keeping Inventory on shared storage associated in cluster
4. The software owner and time zone parameters must be the same on all cluster member nodes that will host this Oracle Management Service (OMS)
>>> create users with same userID and username. MAker sure to configure NTP and same correct timezone
Setting Up Shared Inventory
Use the following steps to set up shared inventory:
1. Create your new ORACLE_BASE directory on shared storage:
$ mkdir /oemapp/data01/orabase/
$ chown -R oracle:oinstall /oemapp/data01/orabase/
2. Create the Oracle Inventory directory under the new ORACLE_BASE:
$ mkdir /oemapp/data01/orabase/oraInventory
3. Create the oraInst.loc file in shared location
$ vi /oemapp/data01/orabase/oraInst.loc
##Enter the path information to the Oracle Inventory directory and specify the group of the software owner as the oinstall user
Installing the Software
Refer to the following steps when installing the software:
1. Point to the inventory location file oraInst.loc (under the ORACLE_BASE in this case), as well as specifying the host name of the virtual group(DNS form oem apps in this case)
and install the oracle binaries on shared storage:
$ ./runInstaller -invPtrloc /oemapp/data01/orabase/oraInst.loc ORACLE_HOSTNAME=oemapp.robi.com.bd -debug
when for putting middleware home location put the below:
drop the repository from oemdb by following command:
emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop -SYS_PWD oem4Robi -SYSMAN_PWD oem4Robi -HOST oemdb.robi.com.bd
mkdir -p /oemdb/data01/OEMDB/data/mgmt/
run the root script on current node first and switch over and then run from node 2:
2. Install Oracle Management Services on cluster member Host1(oemapp in our case).
3. Continue the remainder of the installation normally.
4. Once completed, copy the files oraInst.loc and oratab to /etc on all cluster member hosts (Host2, Host3, ...)
Starting Up Services
Ensure that you start your services in the proper order. Use the order listed below:
1. Establish the IP address on the active node.
2. Start the TNS listener (if it is part of the same failover group).
3. Start the database (if it is part of the same failover group).
4. Start Cloud Control using emctl start oms
5. Test functionality
Configuring the Software Library
The software library location must be accessed by all Management Services. The configuration of software library is not performed during installation and needs to be configured post-install using the Enterprise Manager Console:
1. On the Enterprise Manager home page, from the Setup menu, select Provisioning and Patching, and then select Software Library.
2. Click the Provisioning subtab.
3. On the Provisioning page, click the Administration subtab.
4. In the Software Library Configuration section, click Add to set the Software Library Directory Location to a shared storage that can be accessed by any host running the Management Service.
/oemapp/data01/OEMAPP/middleware/oms/bin/emctl start oms
This information is also available at:
See below for information pertaining to your Enterprise Manager installation:
Use the following URL to access:
1. Enterprise Manager Cloud Control URL: https://oemapp.robi.com.bd:7799/em
2. Admin Server URL: https://oemapp.robi.com.bd:7101/console
The following details need to be provided during the additional OMS install:
1. Admin Server Hostname: oemapp.robi.com.bd
2. Admin Server Port: 7101
An encryption key has been generated to encrypt sensitive data in the Management Repository. If this key is lost, all encrypted data in the Repository becomes unusable. Please run following command to backup the Management Service configuration including the emkey and keep the backup on another system:
emctl exportconfig oms -dir